The Life of a Writer

I wonder what Merle Haggard's daily routine was like.  He probably hung out with Willie Nelson and Johnny Paycheck quite a bit.  Merle was a song writer.  And he could sing 'em too and play the guitar and fiddle to go along with it.  He probably didn't pay too much attention to how to make lots of money and cash flow goo-roos.  He did alright just doing what he did.  It says he left an estate worth around $5 million.  Not too shabby.

Other great writers include Ernest Hemmingway, Mark Twain, and Jack London.  I guess Henry David Thoreau made quite a name for himself.  I like to pretend I'm living here on Walden Pond.  I've actually got it just as secluded and even have to do less work.  In fact the only work I have to do is to go into the Cogent office four times a week, or three times if I got a PTO day built up for a Monday day off, for ten hours per day.  And while I'm there all I have to do is to work on the phone and on the computer analyzing, notating, working on, and documenting network engineering problems.

I find myself here at sixty years of age basically retired and able to spend my time reading, writing, and doing arithmetic.  Barring in catastrophe or major act of stupidity my money problems are gone.  And it's a great feeling.  For the young men and women reading this, keep on working, follow Dave Ramsey,  save your pennies, and someday good Lord willing and the creek don't rise you may find yourself in such a nice position your own self.

So I like to write about money makin' goo-roos.  I think that is the one area that has the most affect on one's life after reading the bible and believing in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  Get that down good and keep working on that every day and then also work on your cash flow and net worth predicament.  I suppose everybody is in their own particular cash flow and net worth predicament but beyond having just enough well what more do you really need.

I think there are many who are in debt and maybe a little behind the eight ball on both accounts.  But regardless, I'm sure Ron Legrand is not all that worried about it.  I'm starting to move the Ron's World J R Ewing program to the to of my goo-roo list.  I like researching and thinking about various business opportunities that I come across and this blog methodology of doing so is quite convenient.  If I pick up any friends along the way then all the better.

Watching the video on Ron's main web page now.

"See where the real wealth is in this business from the old guy."


Well as I look  at Ron's webpage it does look interesting.  They all look interesting.  And I think only a pea brain would think any of them could possibly work without a lot of hard work.  It is the hard work that keeps most people from making the big money as promised by all of these goo-roos.  It's like somebody thinking they are going to sit down and write a book without doing any work.  Well I  guess the Artificial Intelligence can do it for you today.  What a country.



Comments