Daily Report

Don't follow anybody who doesn't give you a daily report.  Jesus gives you a daily report in his word.  It is up to you to get up and read the daily report every day.  Today he is teaching me about how the tribes of Israel split into to factions in first Kings.  The road goes on forever and the highway never ends.

Elected officials should be required by law to give a daily report to their constituents.  I'm trying to get Matt Lang into the Virginia state senate but that is a big money game.  I wonder how much money he is spending on his campaign.  I think it must be public record.

A man who is working one hundred sixty-eight hours a week to make ends meet and feed his kids and make sure his family has a roof over their heads and enough of the comforts of life to be happy will not have much time to give anybody a daily report.  But he should read the only daily report that matters regardless even if reading it on his breaks  at work riding on the back of a trash truck.  Trying to be the best trash truck rider man the world has ever seen while working on improving his lot in life.

I would send you to Dave Ramsey if this is your predicament.  Dave will give you good daily reports and a solid plan that works.  Once you have graduated baby step seven and improved your employment situation to one of only forty hours per week preferably in an office environment working on a computer would be my suggestion but certain men like certain occupations better than others.  But all men are constrained to twenty-four hours in a day.

So I will leave all of my readers who are still on the baby steps in the good hands of my Uncle Dave Ramsey and having completed them all myself, I will here move on to baby step eight.  Baby step eight in my opinion is  where Uncle Dave kind of leaves me hanging.   Well now that I go and look  at it I see that it's baby step six that you need to have graduated and it's baby step seven where I am and where I would suggest you be before you start following me or doing as I am doing and following some other goo-roo besides Uncle Dave.  Dave says baby step seven is build wealth and give.

Yes I agree Dave.  I'm with you my brother.  Your plan is tried and true.  I am happy that I have followed your plan for twenty-five years and it has gotten me right to where you said it would get me.  To the pearly gates of baby step seven.  Now might there have been a better way for me to go when I started out back in 1948?  Henry Ford may have had some suggestions, or perhaps George Washington and Daniel Webster.  Howard Hughes may have suggested starting and aviation concern.

But as readers of The Doug Kenline Newsletter are well aware, the bottom line to all of this is what does it all mean to me Doug Kenline.

Well here's what it means to me.  Get right with God in your own heart.  Know that the beginning of all wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord.  Read the bible every day.  Say your prayers and be thankful for all of your blessings and understand where they come from.  Then put on your work shoes and go to work.

To me one of the most fun things in the world is spending money.  And won of the worst things in the world is spending more money than you have coming in.  In other words running a negative cash flow.  It's not the best feeling in the world waking up to the realization that you are running a negative cash flow.  

Now the level of emergency may diminish by the time you reach sixty years of age if you have been following the tried and true plan of Dave Ramsey for a minimum of twenty-five years and have been honestly working that plan hard and giving it a good consistent effort for the full duration of that time.  It's kind of like the old Tibetan Monk who is telling the young man how to walk for ninety days straight, non-stop, which is to say, without ever stopping your walking for the entirety of the ninety days.

The young man might say to the old man, brother, I ain't got no desire to walk for ninety days straight and I think that I just might not be able to ever do it anyway not matter how much training I did or for how many years and even if I ever did get it done just what the hell did I even do it for anyway?

Well the cash flow game hits close to home for any man and every man unless you have already solved the equation and are now enjoying a nice passive income that will always exceed your life expenses.  My question to the old Tibetan Monk would be what is your cash flow situation sir, and what can you tell me that might help me with mine?

Now I do agree with Matt Furey to a certain extent on the physical aspects of life.  But I have not heard him talk much about the eternity.  The physical life will come to and end very soon for every man that is living today.  But yes, I agree with Matt on the benefits of training your physical body while you are in this world.  And yes, the physical body is connected to the mind which is connected to the spirit.  Only the mind and the spirit will live on once the physical body expires.

So be ready for that.  And I will concede quite readily that my physical training has lapsed to the point of me needing to start walking again and I'm thinking as was brought up during a recent conversation surrounding the matter, the treadmill.  Of course, the treadmill.  Great thinking.  Walking like the old Tibetan monk, but not for ninety days straight in the rain and snow going up over hill and dale, but as a civilized man with a lifetime membership at Gold's gym on the treadmill.

Lockers, restroom, shower, sauna, all right there for the rich man's convenience.  And the glorious treadmill.   Leaving the house to escape the cigar, enjoying the short drive down the road in your brand new car with remote start in the winter time.  Turn on the heater and in a couple of hours you're in Jerusalem.  Wasn't quite like that during the time of Jeraboam up in Ephraim.

So I can see how the treadmill is beginning to develop in my mind and a lifetime membership at Gold's gym.  The brand spanking new Gold's gym here in Reston less than a mile from my office headquarters here on the fourth floor at Breton Court.

Follow Matt Furey and push myself to walk for as many minutes as I can every day.  Instead of pushing for ninety days, try starting out with ninety minutes.  The shower and shave and hot whirlpool and sauna will make it worth your while.   I'm thinking get up early, hit the gym, get cleaned up, then go to work.  That is a good routine and served me well for many years.  Probably the best routine I could possibly imagine although it does take work and there is an attendant membership fee.

I'll have to give it a whirl and see if I can sustain the momentum.

Meanwhile the bills continue to come in the mailbox.  Your finish writing your daily report, then you go check the mailbox, and it's full of bills that need to be paid otherwise there will be consequences.

Regardless of your physical condition or any other factors that may be existent in your earthly life at the moment while you move closer and closer to the eternity.

So depending where you are will dictate what you do.  I am  lucky enough to be in the position after many years of trial and error to simply throw all off the bills into the inbox on my desk and relax knowing that come the first of the month I  can  sit down at my computer and pay them all quite easily with plenty left over to build up for business investment.

Now that is the situation as long as my job holds out.  Should my paycheck come to an abrupt halt then of course the situation would be different.  But right now the plan is to work this job for and additional number of years that worst case would take me into my seventh decade and then things would depend on what I accomplish during my sixth decade.

So as my faithful readers of the goo-roo-watch blog know, my current focus is on Nick Fullmer and the overage refund business.  I like his little baby steps and I'm thinking I might be able to put some time and money into this and perhaps even find some enjoyment in the business if not profitability.  I am fine tuning my office configurations and settling in to the new job routine of fiber optics transmission systems that allow me to publish and you to read these words.

God bless America.










































Comments