Now you know.

But will you do?  You  know you were created by God.  But will you do what he has commanded you to do?  Will you build a  huge monument to God?  Or will you build alters in high places?  

And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead.

I could write my newsletter like Pastor Murray wrote his newsletter and how his son Dennis writes his newsletter now.  Soon Dennis will be gone and me too and Matt Furey.  We are all racing to the eternity.  Who will go first?

The story of Jeroboam is a sad one of someone who was given every opportunity to make a difference but wasted it.

And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.

I like how Pastor Murray wrote his newsletters.  Once a  month.  A few thoughts then a verse from the bible to back up what he was saying.  He left quite a legacy.  A big church in Gravette, Arkansas.  His son Dennis is still there preaching as I write the words.  Probably did a live show today, or it may have been a recorded broadcast as he says there is a demand from the watchers to listen to the old man on the regular.

So another breakthrough today from God, the only reason I was even able to open my eyes.  So there is my thought.  I had it the other day talking about tax loopholes and church business structures and 501(c)3's and the like.  What a grotesque name someone has contrived for some growth on the side of the internal revenue service.

And then I can flow back in to my Matt Furey copywrite style and what I'll need to do is to dress up this blog a little bit but just like the office configuration design considerations there is also the online presence design considerations and just as the church office is coming into focus so is the website design and i like this simple rough-hewn freee blogger for now.

I could move it to some kind of secure server where the bildebergs won't be able to touch it but I doubt that anybody would ever care but you never know but just like the words written by the prophets long ago many have been lost for all eternity.  But as a betting man, I would bet that long after I am dead and buried and gone on to meet the Lord, this little freebie blog will be right here for anyone to see.  

Should some enterprising young soul decide to archive it elsewhere then so be it.  For me for now, this is my home on the internet.  Thank you for stopping by.  So  nice to see you.  Would you like a cup of coffee or a  spot of tea?  Got a little smooth tennesse whisky above the fridge if you're so inclined.  Cigars on the veranda.

God bless America.

Comments