The Reston Virginia Scholarship

If I ever make the big time, if my dreams came true, and if Hollywood didn't need me, and I had the revenue, I would announce from my nursing home The Reston Virginia Scholarship.  Available to one select young man or young woman.  Discriminating on age?  Yes.  Yes I am.

I would say this young man or woman would need to be sixteen or seventeen years old.  Getting close to becoming a legal adult as I like to run a business on the legal side of things.  The winner of the scholarship will need to be of legal age, preferably having just recently gained the accommodation.

The winner would be given room and board for a number of years at 11804 Breton Ct. #32 in Reston, Virginia just outside of Washington DC.  I think it would matter not where the winner currently lived but the scholarship would provide room and board right here in this home office for a number of years.

In order to maintain the privilege, the winnter would need to meet certain requirements of school.  A number of hours on a provided business plan, reports on how the business was progressing, a cash flow and net worth statement, and a business review by a local CPA and attorney who would come by to visit the student in his office on a periodic basis.

No guests are allowed in the home office ever.  Breaking of this rule is immediate forfeiture of all benefits.  No pets.  Maybe a cat.  And possibly some plants.  Also one hour of musical instrument practice would be required per diem along with American History and of course every day would need to begin with bible study and there would be pop quizzes and daily check-ins by myself.

If the nursing home could get me up here somehow for a visit myself then I might do that.  Otherwise there would be sufficient cameras in the office for a good solid virtual meeting better than even being there in person all from the hospital bed that goes up and down and allows me to sit up and get up and get cleaned up and dressed and ready for the meals.

The kid would have to have an incredible dream and he or she would have to be based in reality with a good head on their shoulders.  In fact I'm sitting here and thinking that the kid would need to be looking for a marriage partner and planning on having children.  This is a hard thing to bring in to a scholarship program, it is like having a kid.  You can tell the kid whatever you want to tell them but you can't make them drink, or stop drinking, whatever the case may be.

So perhaps another incredible idea that has no basis in reality.  Best for me to just get back to reading Walden Pond.

Comments