To be a writer.

To be a writer means writing words.  I've never heard of a writer who never wrote anything.  Matt Furey says you can write emails and make lots of money.  Emails are pushed out.  Blogs are pulled in.  Ther is a big difference there I think.  I'm still working my network engineering job plan and I plan on working it until they bury me.  Ten more hours today will put me at thirty for the weekend and then ten more on Monday will take me home to the magical forty for the week and I'll be heading towards another paycheck on Friday.

The paycheck keeps me and has kept me and I hope for it to keep me at a good level of positive cash flow for as long as I can bring them in.  Once the cash flow stops you  immediately go into the dreaded decumulation phase and if you got enough to last you to your last breath then you give what's left over to the kids.  That's the way love goes as Merle Haggard would say.

And it's a good plan for me and I like it.  Do a little writing on the side and work the job.  And write about these goo-roos who tell you that there are ways to generate cash flow that don't involve working forty hours a week at a job but I doubt there are a whole lot of ways to do it without working at least forty hours a week on your business.  In the beginning.  But the idea is to get it to where you are generating the same positive cash flow if not better while putting in less hours per week and having more freedom with your schedule such as being able to work from anywhere but if I have to work my home church office based business I would just as soon do the work from right here in my home church office.

Thank you Lord Jesus for my many blessings.  Ten minutes to go and I'm on my way in to the job office.   Blessed that it is only a few minutes down the road and a very nice road in America to be sure.  Driving through some very nice neighborhoods with some very expensive homes and much brand new development including a metro passenger train that takes folks out to Dulles International Airport and in to the great city of Washington DC.  Today they call it the swamp.

God bless America.

Comments