Your Big Thing

I think after knowing that God is the only reason you opened your eyes this morning and that you're heading for a six foot hole like everybody else, then your big thing should be making a status report every day.

I've said this for over twenty years ever since I first started blogging back when blogging wasn't cool.  Or it was cool it was just for more of the intelligencia type if I might use that word even though I don't know how to spell it.

Back before Twitter, before the Viet Nam war came along.

Back in the day.

Even back then no sitting elected official had any excuse to not post a personal status message every single day and especially on Sunday regarding what was on his mind what he was thinking and what he is doing about the problems that we elected him to solve and the laws we elected him to uphold.  And then come the teams of lawyers and next thing you know Trump is under indictment.

So lead follow or get out of the way.  Number one follow Jesus and he reports to us every day his word.  It's up to us to open the book and get the message.

Meanwhile here on earth I'm still with Dave Ramsey.  Get a job, cut your overhead, and nobody ever cut their overhead more than I did when I found myself in a deep hoe illegimately, illegally, imorraly, and unethically to the 187,000 working men and women of the Internal Revenue Service, not a department, a service, servicing me almost into an early grave same as Dick Simkanin and the other earthly men that I was following at the time and rightfully so but like Stonewall Jackson everything is not always sunshine and roses.

So my big thing after Jesus is cash flow.  Get these kids readin' one chapter of the good book before bed, and one chapter first thing upon getting up.  After that it's cash flow and leading by example.  Which is where my hat is off big time to all of the conservative Dad's like the guy who's selling ultra right beer but it takes six to eight weeks to get delivery of warm beer.  Maybe Matt Furey could help him out with some marketing.

So yes I agree with Matt that this is not Gary Halbert's Oldsmobile.

Time and money is all there is.  And you hope that time runs  out before your money does.  And that the economy holds together.  I tend to agree with Dave Ramsey.  The sky is not falling.  At the same time I  like gold and silver coins  and rounds.  Rounds are bascically coins.  Look it up win Webster's.  Not Daniel Webster, but Noah Webster.

Comments