Dave Ramsey Baby Steps

I would have to put the Dave Ramsey baby steps program as  kindergarten curriculum in my school of opportunity for underprivileged kids.  I like his ad on facebook where he says the path to financial peace is not sexy or cool it's just consistent working and saving for many years.  I think it's an age old tried and true plan and the kids should understand this and know this in kindergarten and go to work right there.

Oh the broke adults will say let kids be kids and I'm all for being a kid in fact I think I'm still a kid today and I never did grow up.  Like Peter Pan in Never Never Land.  Or like John Cougar Mellencamp says growing up leads to growing old and then to dying.  But I haven't heard ol' Johnny Cougar talk to much about who you go to meet when you die and that sounds like the most fun anybody could possibly imagine to me.

In the meantime there are bills to pay.  And I don't think George Washington would be to happy to see that the government of the united States of America is trillions of dollars in debt after having been in business for 250 years.   All of the kindergartners here in my class need to understand that they do not have 250 years to get to baby step 7 and financial peace.

And at the same time there are those few kids relatively speaking but possibly numbering in the millions and probably for sure numbering in the millions considering how many dang people there are on this ball shaped planet floating in the middle of space.  But imagine the universe, there is now way all of this happened by chance.  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.


Comments