Network Engineering

My cash flow is my job.  My job is my cash flow.  The same as the majority of men in this country.  I  like to focus on my home country.  Some men are not so lucky to have been born in the united States of America.  I guess that includes Puerto Rico now but not Cuba.  I guess things aren't so good in Cuba.  So being in the united States already, and a natural born united States citizen, and of healthy mind and body puts me in pretty good shape right there.  And I have enjoyed that status for sixty years although not always through the eyes of having faith in God and believing in God and knowing that all of this nonsense that is going on is of no concern to me as God is in charge as he always has been although I've had my days of lack of faith long ago but it must have been God's plan to get me to where I am now.

I read about Ernest Hemmingway down in Cuba.  And I guess the CIA was watching him or something.  Sounds like he was quite the war correspondent during World War II in the early forties.  With all of his money he certainly didn't shy away from adventure.  I was going to change my name to Augustine Anheuser Busch III but I see that name has already been taken.  I guess old Billy Bush had quite a childhood himself.

So it's all nonsense and God is laughing and chuckling at it all just like me.  But also at the same time being aware that many are suffering.  And their is much pain in the world.  I like to play my guitar as a pain reliever.  A good old Merle Haggard song usually makes things better or a Cal Smith album.  The North won the war again last night.  But health really trumps cash flow.  And they go hand in hand.  If you're sick you'd rather be healthy but even when you are sick the bills keep coming in right on schedule.  So bascially it all comes down to paying the bills.

So the way I do that is to work hard at doing a good job at work and keeping my job and not being mentioned in any conversations about laying somebody off or better yet being somebody that they sure would want to keep around and is marked on the org chart as a good solid network engineer that they need more of.  If you got a good job as a network engineer here on the Dulles corridor just east of Washington DC in Fairfax County Virginia, I think you can count yourself among the more lucky people in the world.

So my ultra-conservative plan is the age old get a job and work thirty years and retire plan.  I've got twenty-two in now so eight more to go.  I'm lucky to be able to go in to the office.  I like going in to the office.  I would put a very large white board on wheels in the office and work on building the network with other network engineers in the office but when I go in to the office I'm the only network engineer in the office.  Or maybe one other network engineer for an hour or two before they leave and they are generally grumpy and don't want to talk to anybody anyway.



Comments