Ten more hours to go.

Knock out my Sunday ten and I'm home free.  Thank you Lord Jesus.  And then I'll have the week off to work on my school of opportunity for underprivileged kids.  I had a good conversation with my buddy at work last night about why are we even working.  And about all the negatives of working for a company and all the negatives of the new company but really as I told my buddy I don't see too many negatives and I do see a lot of opportunity.  I like fiber optic telecommunication networks, dumb pipe as the old man calls them.  I think he's made a fortune out of selling dumb pipes.  And I've taken in quite a few paychecks from him myself already.  

If I were to gete the new job in network planning it could be fun to become a master of dumb pipes.  My buddy says they are going to lay off all of the Sprint engineers as soon as one year is up.  He says that's all in the contracts with T-Mobile.  Says T-Mobile agreed to pay the big fat Sprint salaries for one year and then that is  the deal between the old Sprint employee and T-Mobile upon being sold by them to Cogent and for taking the move versus the separation package that was due to them for many years with Sprint.

I guess it would be in the contract between myself and Cogent I can't see how anything is still pending on the contract that I signed with T-Mobile when they hired me on from Sprint.  They were two pretty different deal structures.  If I were a law student at Harvard I might have to look in to it some more.

God bless America.

Comments